Hello Kensington Ridge Farms followers. Our girls have arrived. They are safe, healthy and tired. It will be sometime before they recover from their journey. I don’t like to rush to jump in the saddle. I want to build a bond and get to know them. I believe that if they trust you they will do anything for you. Which makes training much more enjoyable for rider and horse. I am already enjoying the interaction I am having with each girl. They could not be more different from one another. First we need them to settle down and rest, then the vet will give them the “all clear”. Farrier will come in and make any necessary adjustments to their feet and finally the saddle fitter will custom fit their saddles. Then we begin building up their fitness level and finally the training will start. However, the fitness training and dressage training will all depend on the horses ability and willingness. I will not force anything. At KRF will always take our time bringing a horse along. There will be no exceptions to that. The animal’s wellbeing always comes first. Continue to check back for updates and you may follow us on Facebook for more current updates at Kensington Ridge Farms.
HOME OF THE VITAMIN E STUDY
PRE & Lusitano Owners Forum
Equestrian blogs – Horse & Hound
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘I’d forgotten 24/7 means 24/7’ May 26, 2023Dear diary, I’d so forgotten how much I don’t like being out 24/7. I go through this every year. The excitement of the thought of being out 24/7 temporarily overrides my memory banks (sort of like childbirth – or so I’m told), meaning that I conveniently forget that there are more bad points than at […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘The karma bus has come round and firmly run her over’ May 19, 2023Dear diary, I know peoples, I know. Keeping me from you has been crueller than the wait you are all enduring for the latter half of Yellowstone season five, and about as talked about. But what can I say? Mother is tighter than a duck’s arse and wouldn’t pay for me to have a secretary […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘Do you need me to write this in braille?’ May 5, 2023Dear Diary, I would like to start by asking you if you need me to write this diary in braille? Because frankly, I’m starting to worry about many, many, many of yous’ eyesight if the response to a certain photograph mother put on Facebook the other day is anything to go by (the one above). […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘Operation “Prove Darwin Wrong” was recommenced’ April 28, 2023Dear diary, Ok, fess up. Who has upset her? And no, I don’t mean the mothership – let’s face it, it’s easier to upset mother than spot a Kardashian photoshop – I mean Mother Nature. Because lord above, that woman has suddenly gone colder than Olaf’s underpants. It’s APRIL. Like supposedly spring; you know flowers, […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘I’m sleeping with one eye open’ April 21, 2023Dear diary, So, spring has definitely sprung with yellow perils popping up with more frequency than members of the TOWIE cast at the opening of a new cut cost supermarket, and clouds with legs multiplying in every field I can see. Mother Nature however is still playing more of a “will she/won’t she” than Julia […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘My field sounds like mother – prone to over exaggeration and a tad high-maintenance’ April 14, 2023Dear diary, Thank you to all of you for your sympathy and good wishes upon seeing the damage that the cutesy carrot coloured carnivore had wreaked upon my mouth last week. It was fair to say I looked like I had attempted to play tonsil hockey with a shark and the thought of putting anything […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘I’d forgotten 24/7 means 24/7’ May 26, 2023
- Horse Leg Protection: Yea or Nay? June 1, 2023Weigh the risks and benefits of various types of boots and wraps before strapping them to your horse’s legs. Read more in the Riding Horse 2023 issue of The Horse. The post Horse Leg Protection: Yea or Nay? appeared first on The Horse.
- Dr. Maureen Dower Joins PetVivo Holdings, Inc. as a Senior Technical Services Veterinarian June 1, 2023Dr. Dower has more than 20 years of veterinary experience in the animal health industry. The post Dr. Maureen Dower Joins PetVivo Holdings, Inc. as a Senior Technical Services Veterinarian appeared first on The Horse.
- Electrical Shock Procedure Corrects Horse’s Irregular Heartbeat June 1, 2023Transvenous electrical cardioversion (TVEC) once again offered for horses at UC Davis after a decade of absence The post Electrical Shock Procedure Corrects Horse’s Irregular Heartbeat appeared first on The Horse.
- APHA Approves New White Marking Variant W35 ‘Holiday’ in Horses May 31, 2023The genetic variant, associated with desirable white markings in various horse breeds, was discovered by Etalon Equine Genetics. The post APHA Approves New White Marking Variant W35 ‘Holiday’ in Horses appeared first on The Horse.
- Equine Influenza Confirmed in Alberta May 31, 2023Two horses in Mountain View County are positive and under voluntary quarantine. The post Equine Influenza Confirmed in Alberta appeared first on The Horse.
- Horse Leg Protection: Yea or Nay? June 1, 2023