Hello Kensington Ridge Farms followers. Our girls have arrived. They are safe, healthy and tired. It will be sometime before they recover from their journey. I don’t like to rush to jump in the saddle. I want to build a bond and get to know them. I believe that if they trust you they will do anything for you. Which makes training much more enjoyable for rider and horse. I am already enjoying the interaction I am having with each girl. They could not be more different from one another. First we need them to settle down and rest, then the vet will give them the “all clear”. Farrier will come in and make any necessary adjustments to their feet and finally the saddle fitter will custom fit their saddles. Then we begin building up their fitness level and finally the training will start. However, the fitness training and dressage training will all depend on the horses ability and willingness. I will not force anything. At KRF will always take our time bringing a horse along. There will be no exceptions to that. The animal’s wellbeing always comes first. Continue to check back for updates and you may follow us on Facebook for more current updates at Kensington Ridge Farms.
HOME OF THE VITAMIN E STUDY
PRE & Lusitano Owners Forum
- Hovis’ Friday diary: maybe I have been going about things all wrong... January 21, 2022Dear Diary I’m starting to think that maybe I have been going about things all wrong – I know hard to imagine right? But it may just be so. You see for some time now, I have been trying to get out of work. Very successfully I might add. Between the intermittent lameness, moving houses […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: apparently, I am ‘untrustworthy’ out hacking... January 14, 2022Dear diary, So, this New Year continues a foot with the mothership still mainly out of action, although she did limp around a hack at the weekend with Barbie Boy and mini-mother, with the speed and enthusiasm of week two New Year dieters tucking into their kale smoothies. I wasn’t allowed on said hack as […]
- Joanna Thurman-Baker’s dressage blog: ‘I lost my way and basically gave up’ January 13, 2022Joanna Thurman-Baker with Sirocco after his PSG debut in November 2021Hello everyone and Happy New Year! Firstly, sorry for the absence of my blogs recently. My 2022 resolution is to write more, and I will endeavour to provide more content this year. I had convinced myself that no one wanted to read my ramblings and […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: all this ‘New Year, new me’ stuff is a waste of time January 7, 2022Dear diary, Happy New Year to you all! I know many of you will have made New Year’s revolutions alongside your humans undoubtedly making a few for you (usually involving them having imbibed too much eggnog and thinking they can go from lesser to Hester in the next six months in my experience), but I’ve […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘2021 has sucked harder than a turbo-charged Dyson’ December 31, 2021Dear Diary Today is the last day of 2021 and one has to be honest there are parts of the year that have sucked harder than a turbo-charged Dyson – the human strangles epidemic staying around longer than certain relatives at Christmas, having to part from my love of the past 10+ years after the […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: Happy Kissmuss one and all December 24, 2021Dear Diary This one will be a short one as events are conspiring against me to spread my Christmas cheer. My issues are less to do with omni-crumble and the human vets dithering over whether they should be on restricted grazing, full on box rest or indeed just be humanely put to sleep for crimes […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: maybe I have been going about things all wrong... January 21, 2022
- EHM Reported in California Mare January 25, 2022The mare is currently under quarantine. Twenty-seven additional horses were placed under quarantine and are being monitored. The post EHM Reported in California Mare appeared first on The Horse.
- Serum Chemistries Can Help Diagnose Racehorse Poor Performance January 25, 2022Abnormal enzyme, protein, and other levels in horses’ blood might indicate an underlying health issue. The post Serum Chemistries Can Help Diagnose Racehorse Poor Performance appeared first on The Horse.
- Wyoming Horse Tests Positive for Neurologic EHV-1 January 25, 2022The horse resides in Park County. The post Wyoming Horse Tests Positive for Neurologic EHV-1 appeared first on The Horse.
- Two Quebec Horses Confirmed With Neurologic EHV January 25, 2022One horse was euthanized. The post Two Quebec Horses Confirmed With Neurologic EHV appeared first on The Horse.
- SI Treatments in Horses: Steroid Type, Not Ultrasound, Matters January 25, 2022Researchers found the choice of steroid used for sacroiliac joint injections predicted outcomes better than whether the horse underwent a preprocedure ultrasound. The post SI Treatments in Horses: Steroid Type, Not Ultrasound, Matters appeared first on The Horse.
- EHM Reported in California Mare January 25, 2022