I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
HOME OF THE VITAMIN E STUDY
PRE & Lusitano Owners Forum
- Hovis’ Friday diary: maybe I have been going about things all wrong... January 21, 2022Dear Diary I’m starting to think that maybe I have been going about things all wrong – I know hard to imagine right? But it may just be so. You see for some time now, I have been trying to get out of work. Very successfully I might add. Between the intermittent lameness, moving houses […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: apparently, I am ‘untrustworthy’ out hacking... January 14, 2022Dear diary, So, this New Year continues a foot with the mothership still mainly out of action, although she did limp around a hack at the weekend with Barbie Boy and mini-mother, with the speed and enthusiasm of week two New Year dieters tucking into their kale smoothies. I wasn’t allowed on said hack as […]
- Joanna Thurman-Baker’s dressage blog: ‘I lost my way and basically gave up’ January 13, 2022Joanna Thurman-Baker with Sirocco after his PSG debut in November 2021Hello everyone and Happy New Year! Firstly, sorry for the absence of my blogs recently. My 2022 resolution is to write more, and I will endeavour to provide more content this year. I had convinced myself that no one wanted to read my ramblings and […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: all this ‘New Year, new me’ stuff is a waste of time January 7, 2022Dear diary, Happy New Year to you all! I know many of you will have made New Year’s revolutions alongside your humans undoubtedly making a few for you (usually involving them having imbibed too much eggnog and thinking they can go from lesser to Hester in the next six months in my experience), but I’ve […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘2021 has sucked harder than a turbo-charged Dyson’ December 31, 2021Dear Diary Today is the last day of 2021 and one has to be honest there are parts of the year that have sucked harder than a turbo-charged Dyson – the human strangles epidemic staying around longer than certain relatives at Christmas, having to part from my love of the past 10+ years after the […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: Happy Kissmuss one and all December 24, 2021Dear Diary This one will be a short one as events are conspiring against me to spread my Christmas cheer. My issues are less to do with omni-crumble and the human vets dithering over whether they should be on restricted grazing, full on box rest or indeed just be humanely put to sleep for crimes […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: maybe I have been going about things all wrong... January 21, 2022
- EHM Reported in California Mare January 25, 2022The mare is currently under quarantine. Twenty-seven additional horses were placed under quarantine and are being monitored. The post EHM Reported in California Mare appeared first on The Horse.
- Serum Chemistries Can Help Diagnose Racehorse Poor Performance January 25, 2022Abnormal enzyme, protein, and other levels in horses’ blood might indicate an underlying health issue. The post Serum Chemistries Can Help Diagnose Racehorse Poor Performance appeared first on The Horse.
- Wyoming Horse Tests Positive for Neurologic EHV-1 January 25, 2022The horse resides in Park County. The post Wyoming Horse Tests Positive for Neurologic EHV-1 appeared first on The Horse.
- Two Quebec Horses Confirmed With Neurologic EHV January 25, 2022One horse was euthanized. The post Two Quebec Horses Confirmed With Neurologic EHV appeared first on The Horse.
- SI Treatments in Horses: Steroid Type, Not Ultrasound, Matters January 25, 2022Researchers found the choice of steroid used for sacroiliac joint injections predicted outcomes better than whether the horse underwent a preprocedure ultrasound. The post SI Treatments in Horses: Steroid Type, Not Ultrasound, Matters appeared first on The Horse.
- EHM Reported in California Mare January 25, 2022