I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
HOME OF THE VITAMIN E STUDY
PRE & Lusitano Owners Forum
Equestrian blogs – Horse & Hound
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘The karma bus has come round and firmly run her over’ May 19, 2023Dear diary, I know peoples, I know. Keeping me from you has been crueller than the wait you are all enduring for the latter half of Yellowstone season five, and about as talked about. But what can I say? Mother is tighter than a duck’s arse and wouldn’t pay for me to have a secretary […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘Do you need me to write this in braille?’ May 5, 2023Dear Diary, I would like to start by asking you if you need me to write this diary in braille? Because frankly, I’m starting to worry about many, many, many of yous’ eyesight if the response to a certain photograph mother put on Facebook the other day is anything to go by (the one above). […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘Operation “Prove Darwin Wrong” was recommenced’ April 28, 2023Dear diary, Ok, fess up. Who has upset her? And no, I don’t mean the mothership – let’s face it, it’s easier to upset mother than spot a Kardashian photoshop – I mean Mother Nature. Because lord above, that woman has suddenly gone colder than Olaf’s underpants. It’s APRIL. Like supposedly spring; you know flowers, […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘I’m sleeping with one eye open’ April 21, 2023Dear diary, So, spring has definitely sprung with yellow perils popping up with more frequency than members of the TOWIE cast at the opening of a new cut cost supermarket, and clouds with legs multiplying in every field I can see. Mother Nature however is still playing more of a “will she/won’t she” than Julia […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘My field sounds like mother – prone to over exaggeration and a tad high-maintenance’ April 14, 2023Dear diary, Thank you to all of you for your sympathy and good wishes upon seeing the damage that the cutesy carrot coloured carnivore had wreaked upon my mouth last week. It was fair to say I looked like I had attempted to play tonsil hockey with a shark and the thought of putting anything […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘It’s been a really bad week’ April 7, 2023Dear diary, This week has not been good. Like really not good. On more fronts than a Hollywood plastic surgeon has put fake airbags. Bear with me and I shall explain. The weekend saw me having some much needed R&R as the mothership, mini-mother and the old squawky one, who I enjoy terrorising (otherwise know […]
- Hovis’ Friday diary: ‘The karma bus has come round and firmly run her over’ May 19, 2023
- Washington Horse Positive for Strangles May 23, 2023The horse resides in Cowlitz County and recently returned from training in Oregon. The post Washington Horse Positive for Strangles appeared first on The Horse.
- Strangles Confirmed in Palm Beach Warmblood May 23, 2023This is Florida’s 19th confirmed case of strangles in 2023. The post Strangles Confirmed in Palm Beach Warmblood appeared first on The Horse.
- Vesicular Stomatitis Identified at 15 California Premises May 23, 2023Vesicular Stomatitis has been confirmed in horses in Riverside and San Diego counties. The post Vesicular Stomatitis Identified at 15 California Premises appeared first on The Horse.
- Kentucky Horse Positive for Strangles May 23, 2023The horse resides in Scott County, where 10 additional horses are exposed. The post Kentucky Horse Positive for Strangles appeared first on The Horse.
- Rehabilitating the Neurologic Horse May 23, 2023With proper treatment and rehabilitation, horses with neurologic conditions such as EPM and EHM can recover and live happy and healthy lives. The post Rehabilitating the Neurologic Horse appeared first on The Horse.
- Washington Horse Positive for Strangles May 23, 2023