Hello Kensington Ridge Farms followers. Our girls have arrived. They are safe, healthy and tired. It will be sometime before they recover from their journey. I don’t like to rush to jump in the saddle. I want to build a bond and get to know them. I believe that if they trust you they will do anything for you. Which makes training much more enjoyable for rider and horse. I am already enjoying the interaction I am having with each girl. They could not be more different from one another. First we need them to settle down and rest, then the vet will give them the “all clear”. Farrier will come in and make any necessary adjustments to their feet and finally the saddle fitter will custom fit their saddles. Then we begin building up their fitness level and finally the training will start. However, the fitness training and dressage training will all depend on the horses ability and willingness. I will not force anything. At KRF will always take our time bringing a horse along. There will be no exceptions to that. The animal’s wellbeing always comes first. Continue to check back for updates and you may follow us on Facebook for more current updates at Kensington Ridge Farms.
- Can Cold Therapy Safeguard Sport Horses From Injury? June 3, 2020Should you cold hose or ice your horse's legs after riding? The answer is more complicated than you might expect. The post Can Cold Therapy Safeguard Sport Horses From Injury? appeared first on The Horse.
- Life After Laminitis June 3, 2020Your laminitis survivor's true prognosis depends on how you manage him after the worst is over. The post Life After Laminitis appeared first on The Horse.
- Vitamin E and Selenium: What’s the Relationship? June 3, 2020Vitamin E and selenium are often packaged and marketed together in supplements. Find out why from researcher Dr. Carrie Finno of the University of California, Davis. The post Vitamin E and Selenium: What’s the Relationship? appeared first on The Horse.
- GETSOUND – Mobile Animal Telehealth June 3, 2020GETSOUND Mobile Animal Telehealth Solution has now developed an enhanced equine owners section and additional Livestock Module for their existing Equine Telehealth Mobile App (iOS and Android) for Veterinarians and Horse Owners. The post GETSOUND – Mobile Animal Telehealth appeared first on The Horse.
- What Vaccines Does Your Horse Need? June 2, 2020All horses should receive annual vaccination against the five core diseases. The post What Vaccines Does Your Horse Need? appeared first on The Horse.
- Can Cold Therapy Safeguard Sport Horses From Injury? June 3, 2020