Hello Kensington Ridge Farms followers. Our girls have arrived. They are safe, healthy and tired. It will be sometime before they recover from their journey. I don’t like to rush to jump in the saddle. I want to build a bond and get to know them. I believe that if they trust you they will do anything for you. Which makes training much more enjoyable for rider and horse. I am already enjoying the interaction I am having with each girl. They could not be more different from one another. First we need them to settle down and rest, then the vet will give them the “all clear”. Farrier will come in and make any necessary adjustments to their feet and finally the saddle fitter will custom fit their saddles. Then we begin building up their fitness level and finally the training will start. However, the fitness training and dressage training will all depend on the horses ability and willingness. I will not force anything. At KRF will always take our time bringing a horse along. There will be no exceptions to that. The animal’s wellbeing always comes first. Continue to check back for updates and you may follow us on Facebook for more current updates at Kensington Ridge Farms.
- Bute vs. Firocoxib: Which NSAID Results in More Severe Gastric Ulcers? August 12, 2020Both NSAIDs induced GI tract inflammation, but phenylbutazone might result in more severe inflammation in the lower GI tract. The post Bute vs. Firocoxib: Which NSAID Results in More Severe Gastric Ulcers? appeared first on The Horse.
- Horse Hind-Limb Enigmas August 12, 2020While forelimb lamenesses are fairly common, hind-limb issues can be less obvious and even underdiagnosed. Learn about the common causes of lameness in the hind end and how to diagnose and treat them in this article excerpt from the August 2020 issue. The post Horse Hind-Limb Enigmas appeared first on The Horse.
- U.S. Lusitano Association Established August 12, 2020With the establishment of USLA, Lusitano breeders will be able to directly register their horses as “Lusitanos” with both USLA and Portuguese Association of Purebred Lusitano Horse Breeders (APSL). The post U.S. Lusitano Association Established appeared first on The Horse.
- Bits, Bridles, and Equine Welfare August 11, 2020Your horse’s head, face, and mouth comprise sensitive nerves, bone, and soft tissue. While many of us focus on saddle fit, bridles and bits often get overlooked as a cause of discomfort. Bits can cause mouth pain and injury, and research shows many nosebands are adjusted too tight to the point of cruelty. Is your […]
- 10 EPM Resources on TheHorse.com August 11, 2020Equine protozoal myeloencephalitis is a neurologic disease that can be difficult to diagnose and can threaten a horse’s athletic future. Learn more about this complicated and consequential condition. Sponsored by Merck Animal Health. The post 10 EPM Resources on TheHorse.com appeared first on The Horse.
- Bute vs. Firocoxib: Which NSAID Results in More Severe Gastric Ulcers? August 12, 2020