I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
- COVID-19 Economics Challenge the Horse Industry April 2, 2020From shutting down local horse shows to postponing the Olympic Games until 2021, the coronavirus pandemic has played havoc with the way owners keep, exhibit, and even trail ride their horses. The post COVID-19 Economics Challenge the Horse Industry appeared first on The Horse.
- Barn Visiting Hours: Protecting People During a Pandemic April 2, 2020Our reporter is adapting to life with limited access to her horse as her barn sets guidelines to prevent COVID-19 spread. The post Barn Visiting Hours: Protecting People During a Pandemic appeared first on The Horse.
- Using Stride Parameters to Prevent Racing Injuries April 1, 2020Stride changes during races and works could help identify horses at risk of impending injury. The post Using Stride Parameters to Prevent Racing Injuries appeared first on The Horse.
- Longeing’s Potential Effects on Equine Joints April 1, 2020Is frequent circular exercise linked to osteoarthritis? The post Longeing’s Potential Effects on Equine Joints appeared first on The Horse.
- Thailand Hit by African Horse Sickness, 42 Horses Dead March 31, 2020Definitively identified by Thai veterinarians on March 27, this represents the first outbreak of AHS outside the African continent in more than 30 years. The post Thailand Hit by African Horse Sickness, 42 Horses Dead appeared first on The Horse.
- COVID-19 Economics Challenge the Horse Industry April 2, 2020