I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
HOME OF THE VITAMIN E STUDY
PRE & Lusitano Owners Forum
- Hovis’ Friday diary: my street cred was last seen running down the road January 15, 2021Hovis is feeling a little embarrassed
- Hovis’ Friday diary: I have never been so happy January 8, 2021Hovis has some big news
- The diary of the home-made livery yard: please be kind to yourselves January 5, 2021Katy looks ahead to what the future might hold
- Hovis’ Friday diary: please, for the love of horses leave the tinsel on the tree… December 18, 2020Hovis would like to make a Christmas plea
- Joanna Thurman-Baker’s dressage blog: We should have lunged 2020 in advance December 15, 2020SimbaJoanna checks in one last time for 2020, reflecting on what has been a very tough year for her
- Hovis’ Friday diary: a week to be celebrated December 11, 2020‘This week has seen something amazing occur’
- Hovis’ Friday diary: my street cred was last seen running down the road January 15, 2021
- Design Your Horse Hospital for Infection Prevention January 14, 2021Equine medical facilities can become hotbeds of infection without careful planning and effective management of animal and human traffic flow. The post Design Your Horse Hospital for Infection Prevention appeared first on The Horse.
- Florida Horse Tests Positive for EHV-4 January 14, 2021The Pasco County horse has not traveled recently and lives at a private facility. The post Florida Horse Tests Positive for EHV-4 appeared first on The Horse.
- Equine Science Society Calls for Abstracts January 14, 2021The ESS Symposium will take place virtually June 1-4 and will cover a variety of horse care and management topics. The post Equine Science Society Calls for Abstracts appeared first on The Horse.
- Turmeric and Devil’s Claw Safe and Palatable for Horses January 13, 2021Researchers investigated if two common joint supplement ingredients contribute to worsening gastric ulcer scores in horses. The post Turmeric and Devil’s Claw Safe and Palatable for Horses appeared first on The Horse.
- Well-Timed Tenotomy Can Save Laminitic Horses’ Lives January 13, 2021By cutting the DDFT, veterinarians can stop one of the forces that pulls on the coffin bone during laminitis. The post Well-Timed Tenotomy Can Save Laminitic Horses’ Lives appeared first on The Horse.
- Design Your Horse Hospital for Infection Prevention January 14, 2021