I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
- 2020 ‘My Horse is Worth Protecting’ Contest: Editors’ Picks June 4, 2020Readers submitted photos and stories of their horses that are important to them. The post 2020 ‘My Horse is Worth Protecting’ Contest: Editors’ Picks appeared first on The Horse.
- The Horse Announces ‘My Horse is Worth Protecting’ Winner June 4, 2020TheHorse.com Facebook fans selected Abrea Hensley’s photo as the overall winner of the contest. The post The Horse Announces ‘My Horse is Worth Protecting’ Winner appeared first on The Horse.
- Neurologic EHV-1 Confirmed in Four Ontario, Canada, Horses June 4, 2020The Dufferin County farm outbreak is linked to a Toronto racetrack outbreak. The post Neurologic EHV-1 Confirmed in Four Ontario, Canada, Horses appeared first on The Horse.
- 17 Tips for Recreational Trail Riders June 4, 2020Trail riding season is in full swing, and our sources answered 17 questions about keeping your horse sound and healthy. The post 17 Tips for Recreational Trail Riders appeared first on The Horse.
- Can Cold Therapy Safeguard Sport Horses From Injury? June 3, 2020Should you cold hose or ice your horse's legs after riding? The answer is more complicated than you might expect. The post Can Cold Therapy Safeguard Sport Horses From Injury? appeared first on The Horse.
- 2020 ‘My Horse is Worth Protecting’ Contest: Editors’ Picks June 4, 2020