I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
- Bute vs. Firocoxib: Which NSAID Results in More Severe Gastric Ulcers? August 12, 2020Both NSAIDs induced GI tract inflammation, but phenylbutazone might result in more severe inflammation in the lower GI tract. The post Bute vs. Firocoxib: Which NSAID Results in More Severe Gastric Ulcers? appeared first on The Horse.
- Horse Hind-Limb Enigmas August 12, 2020While forelimb lamenesses are fairly common, hind-limb issues can be less obvious and even underdiagnosed. Learn about the common causes of lameness in the hind end and how to diagnose and treat them in this article excerpt from the August 2020 issue. The post Horse Hind-Limb Enigmas appeared first on The Horse.
- U.S. Lusitano Association Established August 12, 2020With the establishment of USLA, Lusitano breeders will be able to directly register their horses as “Lusitanos” with both USLA and Portuguese Association of Purebred Lusitano Horse Breeders (APSL). The post U.S. Lusitano Association Established appeared first on The Horse.
- Bits, Bridles, and Equine Welfare August 11, 2020Your horse’s head, face, and mouth comprise sensitive nerves, bone, and soft tissue. While many of us focus on saddle fit, bridles and bits often get overlooked as a cause of discomfort. Bits can cause mouth pain and injury, and research shows many nosebands are adjusted too tight to the point of cruelty. Is your […]
- 10 EPM Resources on TheHorse.com August 11, 2020Equine protozoal myeloencephalitis is a neurologic disease that can be difficult to diagnose and can threaten a horse’s athletic future. Learn more about this complicated and consequential condition. Sponsored by Merck Animal Health. The post 10 EPM Resources on TheHorse.com appeared first on The Horse.
- Bute vs. Firocoxib: Which NSAID Results in More Severe Gastric Ulcers? August 12, 2020