I chose to start my PRE farm/business for a few reasons which are explained on my website, www.kensingtonridgefarms.com one of the reasons is, I like a few others have a theory, mares are contenders in the dressage arena! However, I personally, like many of you if not most of you love stallions. Who does not love a handsome, strong, noble stallion. That is what the breed is known for. Movies, fairy tails and dreams are made with Spanish STALLIONS in mind, not mares. A few farms/breeders and trainers have begun to look past the norm and step outside of the box and single out a select few, mares to train for competition. Mainly dressage for now but in time hopefully it will be for more disciplines. It will all depend on what our “girls” show us they are made of. I for one am extremely impressed with what is sitting in my barn right now. Alba and Capitana are “MORE” than expected and its only been 8 days. The personality on these two girls is remarkable. After a grueling trip, quarantine, new country, new people and language, food, environment etc. they are happy and curious even playful as you can see. Now girls, lets see what you’ve got! ?
- Senior Horse Health Problems: What to Watch For February 16, 2019Dr. Liz Arbittier encourages owners and caretakers of senior horses to call their vet if they notice any changes in health or behavior, even when it seems minor, to identify issues and begin treatment early. Here's what to watch for. The post Senior Horse Health Problems: What to Watch For appeared first on The Horse.
- Is Muscle Disease is Contributing to a Horse’s Poor Performance? February 16, 2019Attention to certain details during exams and careful consideration of test results can help a veterinarian arrive at a diagnosis, making way for an appropriate management. The post Is Muscle Disease is Contributing to a Horse’s Poor Performance? appeared first on The Horse.
- Vet: Practitioners Need Alternative Methods of Euthanizing Horses February 15, 2019In some scenarios, such as when working in developing countries, veterinarians might not have access to powerful drugs or firearms to euthanize horses, one veterinarian says. The post Vet: Practitioners Need Alternative Methods of Euthanizing Horses appeared first on The Horse.
- What Medications are Safe for Mares? February 15, 2019Giving medications to pregnant mares is never without risk and should always be discussed with your veterinarian. The post What Medications are Safe for Mares? appeared first on The Horse.
- The Evolution of Equids and Dental Work February 15, 2019The modern horse’s dentition result from millions of years of evolution in response to changing food sources and climates. Likewise, how veterinarians treat today's equine teeth must evolve and improve constantly. The post The Evolution of Equids and Dental Work appeared first on The Horse.
- Senior Horse Health Problems: What to Watch For February 16, 2019